Numbness in the goodbyesI didnt really know what I was suppose to feel. The last few weeks it had been pure blindness in getting through the days. I smiled when I needed to.I laughed when I had to. I get pissed off a lot at big and small things.
Finally it came and I knew that the dread I had was not unfounded.I sat and stared at it,trying to absorb the reality and trying to smile at the irony.
The tears came.I cried for the could bes and the had beens. I cried for the heartaches I had caused. I cried for the past.
I cried too for your future.Deep down in my heart,I am so very happy for you that you finally found the happiness that you seek for,the happiness that I could not give you.
I have to move on now.I thought I had.I say my goodbyes now.
You will always be in my prayers,then and now.